Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stupid Questions

It’s not exactly like asking someone why he or she breathes. I mean, breathing is a necessity and sewing- not exactly. Let me tell you the story of why I started sewing. Once upon a time, in second grade I decided that I would and am going to be a fashion designer. Fast-forward two years to when I was in fourth grade. My Girl Scout troop was kind of falling apart. There were only 5 girls, including myself; two of the girls went to one school and two of the girls went to another school. And then there was me. At first I didn’t mind and then it got worse. At the time, my nickname was salt, and best friend was pepper. It was a sad day for me when I found out she was changing her matching nickname to match with someone else. Don’t worry; I don’t want to see any tears. The story isn’t over yet. So in order to try and bond with my best friend and the other girl, I decided to start taking sewing lessons and the rest is history. Now I’m best friends with both girls and I’m another step closer to being a fashion designer! Alright, back to how breathing is related to sewing. It’s been a while and now it’s just apart of me. So, after knowing someone for approximately 2-3 months, they will always ask, “Why do you like to sew?” I hate that question but it’s an inevitable one. That I can tell you will never ever have anymore of an answer than “It’s fun.” But why do I need to answer that? Maybe I have some deep emotional story of why I sew and you don’t need to know that. Instead of asking such a basic question try asking, “What has been the favorite thing you’ve made” or something “fun.”

No comments:

Post a Comment